Minutes Monday Plasma Hangout

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue May 26 10:41:47 UTC 2015

Present: Bhushan, Riddell, Kai Uwe, Marco, Martin G., David, Martin K.,
Sebastian

Date: 26 May, 2015, 12:00 CEST

Next weeks, we will suspend the meetings due to many people travelling. We
will try to update the list with weekly emails.
Next meeting: 29th June, 12:00

Bhushan:
* Bugzilla products related to Plasma produce wrong drkonqi settings (wrong
version)

Riddell:
* About to release Plasma 5.3.1
* Meeting about Jonathan's role in Kubuntu in #kubuntu-devel at 15:00 UTC,
please be there to support Jonathan

David:
* Fixed problems with running apps as root (ksycoca wrong database
permissions)
* Branch on libdbusmenu-qt to change API to fix design problems
* Branch plasma-workspace[davidedmundson/newdbusmenuqt] to fix for Plasma
5.3.2
* Experimenting with systemtray

Kai Uwe:
* Digital clock color/font settings https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/123877/
* krunner history suffers from combobox being horrible (patches already
entered Qt)

Marco:
* To merge singleQmlEngine branch, right after next Frameworks release (as to
maximize testing exposure)

Martin G:
* Continued on kwin rendering its own windows (see extended last week's
minutes)
* Various wayland-related bugfixes

Sebastian:
* Worked on the Wayland backend, disconnected outputs, work-in-progress
* Tested show desktop so it's behavioral compatible with pre 5.3

--
sebas