Good news regarding Qt 5.5

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 11 08:23:42 UTC 2015

On Monday 11 May 2015, you wrote:
> > we are probably need this a bit more in the future, so I would really
> > love to find a way to not lose it
>
> That's a fair point, but isn't that possible with one generic
> QQmlFileSelector or shared interceptor? Once you have an absolute path you
> can still do substitution, regardless of the package maybe?

yeah, that can be done, from an absolute path one can always understand in
what package the request was from, if any. I guess in the end will be just
done like that

the url would still be lost, so it should still create an engine for applets
that use it, would need to have a key in the desktop fiel just for that (like
what version of qml scriptengine it needs), a bit error prone but should work

--
Marco Martin