Behaviour of "Show Desktop"

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri May 8 14:24:09 UTC 2015

On Friday, May 08, 2015 12:50:01 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Friday 08 May 2015 10:40:38 Marco Martin wrote:
> > so do i revert to the old dashboard implementation? (it's a lot of code
> > that got killed and would need to be reintroduce, urgh
>
> A possibility might be to only revert in 5.3 branch and work on a overall
> better solution (e.g. bug fixes  ) in master. IIRC your dropping of
> dashboard is only in master, right?

To me, this is a sensible solution, as it gives us time to fix the new
implementation and provide behavioural backwards compatiblity in the meantime.
I'd want to be more careful introducing it back as default, it shows that we
really need to think this through better (and fix bugs left and right).
--
sebas