Good news regarding Qt 5.5

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:17:38 UTC 2015

On Friday 08 May 2015 00:51:19 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi guys,
> As you might know, I tried to get Plasma some time ago working on Qt
> 5.5 and failed miserably. [1]
>
> As you'll have guessed by the subject, that's not the case anymore,
> since the last patch by Simon [2]. This means Qt 5.5 is a firm
> candidate for Plasma 5.4.
>
> Also let me use this occasion to thank Simon, who took his time to
> make us a bit happier. *applause*
>
> Cheers! \o/
> Aleix
>
> [1] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44895
> [2] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/111932/
>
> PS: Running Qt 5.5 now, with my Plasma and KDevelop kicking ass :)

awesome :)
he also strongly suggested me to try to use a single qqmlengine for the plasma
process, since multiple engines (and onjects getting reparented between
contexts of multiple engines) is a very likely source of crashes like that.

While i'm a bit skeptical it will be possible to keep the same behavior and
keep everything working, but worth trying i think

--
Marco Martin