5.4 release schedule

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 21:51:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:

> Here's the dates for 5.4 keeping to our current practice of 3 month
> schedule.
>
> 5.3 beta in two week's time, 5.3 end of next month, 5.3.1 a month later,
> 5.3.2 a month later, 5.4 beta two weeks after that and 5.4 final end of
> july.
>
> https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5
>

> https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=031gkgqg1hjf8lcmj0em1d2sj8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Madrid
>
> This puts 5.4 beta when I'm away on holiday and 5.4 final during akademy.
> maybe we should delay those a week for that?

Right now, tagging is just before Akademy, release is during.

During that period packagers are super busy, so it sucks for it to be
during Akademy.

However, the week before tagging is when the developers are ridiculously
busy. After taggging, it's actually kinda quiet (unless things are going
wrong)

If shift by one week, that puts our difficult week in the middle of
Akademy, which is way worse for us devs.

IMHO, we either need to shift by two weeks, or not at all.