KF 5.8 changelog

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Mar 21 12:53:36 UTC 2015

On Friday 13 March 2015 18:33:53 Michael Pyne wrote:
> Isn't the feature intended to aid those preparing release announcements, as
> opposed to being fed directly to a webpage?

No, the full changelog is what I post to the lists (including kde-announce)
and what ends up on the web, see e.g.
https://www.kde.org/announcements/kde-frameworks-5.8.0.php

Since we do monthly releases, the list isn't too big, IMHO.

> Still, it's a good point that we have to put thought into our CHANGELOG
> entries. CHANGELOG entries on every commit would be just as useless as not
> having those entries on any commit.

Every bugfix (compared to the previous release, not for commits from the day
before) can matter to users of the frameworks. Having them in the changelog is
IMHO useful. So I agree, it's not "every commit", but it's not "major features
only" either.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5