KF 5.8 changelog

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:15:21 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 13 March 2015 10:12:24 David Faure wrote:
> > The goal of the CHANGELOG line is to describe the change from the point
> of
> > view of a developer using the framework, or from the point of view of a
> user
> > running this code, while the rest of commit messages are often written
> from
> > the implementation point of view, as in the example above (which is fine,
> > as long as there's a CHANGELOG line further below).
> >
> > But if I don't care for the changelog, I'm happy to keep writing "..."
> :-)
>
> To everybody(and myself):
> please follow this advice, on any mayor change especially if needs a bit of
> back and forth in reviews, let's try to add CHANGELOG: in the commit, mkay?

Not just "major changes". Basically all commits!

To quote David Faure:
CHANGELOG is for both bugfixes and features. Readers of changelogs are
interested in both.
Just not for trivial stuff (fixing after a previous broken commit, code
style changes, etc.).

which comes from: https://gerrit.vesnicky.cesnet.cz/r/#/c/233/

Perhaps we need a "changelog police", David? ;-)