ISO for 2015-03-06

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Fri Mar 6 11:30:50 UTC 2015

http://files.kde.org/snapshots/unstable-amd64-latest.iso.mirrorlist

# KDE Applications 15.*
Most of the kf5 based repos becoming part of KDE Applications 15.04
are being integrated [1]. They all need manual installation with `sudo
apt install $appname`.

Please note that all of them currently integrate the git master branch
(i.e. what is eventually going to be the release after applications
15.04). This might change next week if someone actually asks for the
actual 15.04 branches to integrate; I would have to write code and am
too lazy :P

# changes
- KDE Applications 15.*
- wallpaper thumbnailing fixed \o/
- kdeconnect-plasma integrated (sudo apt install kdeconnect-plasma)

# errata
- all issues affecting Kubuntu 15.04 also affect the ISO (which among
other things includes a slightly bugged out installer, best only
install using en_US)
- the ISO is rolled using the CI landing PPA due to stabilization
blockage from missing bluez5. this in turn means that upgrades
potentially won't work or break half way through as the underlying PPA
breaks ever so often.
- libkscreen had a BIC yesterday and didn't build last night. neither
did kscreen. so, there might be issues there. from what I see the only
fallout is that the kscreen binaries are in fact from thursday morning
rather than friday morning

# virtual machines
virtual machines have a bit of trouble with the graphics. At least
with virtualbox you can workaround the problem by temporarily
switching to a different TTY (right-ctrl+f2 -> right-ctrl+f1)

[1] https://gist.github.com/apachelogger/9ac23398490956e8a091