plasma volume: global shortcuts and osd

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Jul 22 16:55:42 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 5:13 PM, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
>>> random update before akademy.
>>>
>>> d_ed asked me to perhaps land the volume thingy for 5.4 so to make
>>> that happen the applet UI is going to stay minimal and the KCM UI is
>>> going to stay a clone of the pavucontrol UI (which isn't the greatest
>>> of things but functionally pretty complete).
>>> both UIs should be more or less complete in master of
>>> scratch/sitter/plasma-volume-control. I encourage testing.
>>>
>>> also I added global shortcuts and OSD support which should be the two
>>> major features that were missing. also kindly note that no measures
>>> are being taken to replace kmix right now so with kmix running you'll
>>> get two OSDs, other than that everything should be fine.
>>
>> Hi Harald,
>> I've been using it for a while, and it works reasonably well.
>>
>> It's good to see that the shortcuts started working. For me, it works
>> for the increase and decrease volume, but it doesn't for the mute
>> mic/speakers buttons. Is that known?
>
> Looked into it, the code itself is working (there was a name mapping
> problem but I doubt that would cause it?). At least on my laptop
> however the mute key doesn't actually appear to work, setting a
> working key combo OTOH fixes it, so in theory it should work :/
>
> Have you checked that the right code ends up in xev at all? Perhaps
> also try with the fix I just pushed. Maybe it was a mapping problem
> after all.
>
> HS

I'm not sure what you want me to check. :D

This is what xev says [1], and the shortcuts dialog seems to work with
the shortcuts dialog.

Aleix

[1] KeyPress event, serial 40, synthetic NO, window 0x1600001,
    root 0xc4, subw 0x0, time 47228892, (643,-312), root:(643,278),
    state 0x0, keycode 121 (keysym 0x1008ff12, XF86AudioMute), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 40, synthetic NO, window 0x1600001,
    root 0xc4, subw 0x0, time 47229003, (643,-312), root:(643,278),