Several plasmoid instances

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Sat Jul 18 10:49:13 UTC 2015

Hi, there!

I'm a developer of several Plasma 5 widgets. After components upgrading (if I
understand correctly the issue has been caused by the upgrading of plasma-
frameworks to 5.12.0) my users have found that several instances of the same
widget are no longer allowed. (To be more precise they are allowed but show
the same data.)

I've researched the issue and found that the problem is in data transfer
between plugin (C++) and ui (QML) plasmoid parts. I believe the issue has been
caused by the fact that:

1. All plasmoids load the one plugin instance.
or
2. Each plasmoid loads the own plugin instance but all of them use the one.

Is there a correct way to run each plasmoid with own plugin instance and to do
the bijection between plugin and ui in runtime?
--
Sincerely yours,
Evgeniy Alekseev

e-mail: darkarcanis at mail.ru