Christian Butcher chrisb2244 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 00:54:43 UTC 2015

The comment on line 115 of CMakeLists indicates that the login theme should
be installed to SDDM directory.

Perhaps the obvious solution is to install sddm to <kde prefix> but in the
case when that is not true, sddm-kcm (installed in my setup to <kde
prefix>) shows the breeze theme installed by plasma-workspace, but not any
of the default sddm themes. sddm does not load the breeze theme on startup,
instead defaulting to 'circles'

A symlink from (eg) /opt/kde/share/sddm/ to /usr/share/sddm/ solves this.

Whilst I doubt creating unexpected symlinks is something people would want,
perhaps a 'cmake' or 'make install' warning could be issued?

I'm not sure how to go about that (or if it is even needed in anyone's
opinion), but the sddm theme path can be found using (for example, maybe
there are better ways)

sddm --example-config | grep -e 'ThemeDir=' | sed -e 's|ThemeDir=||'