on review process again.. phabricator?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu Jul 9 11:44:36 UTC 2015

On 07/08/2015 04:18 PM, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I find phabricator quite interesting. It is easy to use, the only big
> issue I have with it is the insane naming of the tools.
>
> (I guess Eike can weigh in more than this, I'm at a conference now, so
> need to be quick with my mail processing :) )

I'd echo the same complaint about the Phab UI being very jargon-y;
I'm curious how hard it would be to reskin that (and maintain the
reskin).

My other complaint is workflow-related: arc is pleasant to use, but
there's no way to apply+close a submission with it, so you need to
head back to the web UI.

Other than that it's been a good experience - it's fast, the major
UI forms are laid out nicely and easy to use. Some stuff in there
is very impressive, like the ability to set up rule-based personal
notifications in a much more fine-grained manner than possible with
PKO or BKO right now.

Personally I'm looking forward to KDE narrowing down its toolset
in this sector down to one again to fix the "where to submit"
fragmentation, and Phab seems like the most promising candidate
for me right now.

> Cheerio,
> Ivan

Cheers,