on review process again.. phabricator?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Jul 8 21:20:16 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 2:18 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jul 2015, Marco Martin wrote:
>
>> Some projects are trying out phabricator (looking at kactivities) how do
>> they find it?
>

> Krita developers, testers and designers all feel Phabricator is pretty fab.
> Newbies take to it easiliy. It takes getting used to because it's more than
> a reviewboard replacement, it also has project management, task management
> and much more.
>
> The way different projects/repos share the website is a bit of a put-off at
> the moment. You don't get kactivities.phabricator.kde.org, but you find all
> repos in one website.

Unfortunately there is little we can do about this - it, like most
software out there, is designed for one project sharing a very closely
related group of tasks, repositories, etc. KDE doesn't really fit that
pattern anymore, but having multiple instances of it is totally
infeasible.

I'd like to know more about where this falls down though to see if it
can be remedied to a certain extent.

>> can it go more large scale? (more a sysadmin question) If it doesn't have
>> big obvious problems I would like to try it on plasma-framework at least. To
>> eventually have plasma-workspace et al too, but not yet (at least I would
>> never want gerrit on those projects..)
>

> Boudewijn

Cheers,
Ben