Shutdown/Logout/Restart problems with KDE/Plasma5

Siddhartha sh.siddhartha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:07:28 UTC 2015

On 8 July 2015 at 15:01, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> And here is your problem. I'm going to guess that your session doesn't
> restore and the system seems to take a long time to login as well.
> To workaround as an immediate fix: killall -9 polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1

Wow. Exactly this happened in my system too. I'm guessing it was
because I used ninja to build plasma5 (using kdesrc-build). Changing
the config to use make and doing a clean build fixed it for me.

kauth cmake files seems to be having issues on using ninja. `ninja
install` for dependent modules were failing with error "could not find
.policy file. Will file a bug with details sometime later :P

Regards,
Siddhartha