5.2 Bugs and Missing Features

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 23:33:05 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> Please add any notable bugs in Plasma 5.2 here
>  https://community.kde.org/Plasma/5.2_Errata
>
> Please check over the 5.1 errata page to see if any should be copied over
>  https://community.kde.org/Plasma/5.1_Errata
>
> Jonathan

Hi,
I don't really understand the Performance explanation over there.
If there's a case we don't perform properly (for example: Nvidia x954
with mesa 17.14) then we name it, but saying [1] and [2] is far too
vague and sounds like a cheeky "I told you so in the errata page
move".

My proposal: if we know when it doesn't work, we list it or put up
with it. If it's a problem and it's not listed, people can still
report it and maybe even help.

Aleix

[1] While it has great potential, it takes time to wrangle this out of
it and the underlying stack is not entirely ready for this either.
[2] Future releases are expected to bring significant performance
improvements thanks to fixes at all levels.