5.2 features

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 19:45:26 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 13 January 2015 14:12:19 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> What features should we highlight in Plasma 5.2?  Bonus points if you take a
> nice screenshot of the feature.
>
> https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.1.95.php

From KWin side I would highlight the new decoration even more. Especially
pointing out memory, performance and stability improvements. It also might be
an idea that not all features known from previous releases are available, but
are planned to return in 5.3.

Also we have huge improvements in the handling of multiple monitors.

For screen locker I would point out that we improved the integration with
logind to ensure the screen is properly locked before suspend and that it's
the first component to use Wayland by default. Another new feature is that the
background of the lock screen can be configured.

Cheers
Martin