Breeze Window Decoration status

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Tue Jan 6 19:35:54 UTC 2015

Am Dienstag, 6. Januar 2015, 18:19:55 schrieb Andrew Lake:
> The vm installations I've encountered, including my current one [1], don't
> have compositing enabled. One less thing to worry about. :-)
>
> [1] http://wstaw.org/m/2015/01/06/no-composite-problem.png

Now that looks very weird, looks like XRender.
I can confirm that Breeze (neither does the breeze qml one, it just draws a
huge amount of broken padding around the window) does not draw any shadows on
XRender.

(However Breeze Plasma theme is barely usable on XRender due to the lack of
blur and contrast and panel/dialog backgrounds are almost completely
transparent)