screenlocker focus questions

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 12:45:39 UTC 2015

Hey,

So I'm attempting to fix the focus of the screenlocker. When the screenlocker
is started, the focus should be on the password input, so you can directly
type after the machine woke up. This worked previously (I had already fixed it
twice), but broke again recently.

I've tried a few things involving forceActiveFocus(), but they all don't seem
to work anymore. I can get the locker to work if I click on it, or if I hit
tab, in the latter case, the focus moves to the userlist, and when selecting a
different user, it moves to the password field.

I want to move it to the password field initially, but for example calling
forceActiveFocus() in the password's onCompleted: handler doesn't do that.

I've looked at the git log, and there weren't any changes in those QML files,
so I assume the problem lies elsewhere. Maybe the window isn't getting focus
correctly? I know a few things changed around it, so maybe someone (Martin?)
has an idea where to look?

I'm also working blind here, since I couldn't find out how to get at the
console output of the screenlocker, any ideas?

sebas