Breeze Window Decoration status

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Jan 5 07:00:36 UTC 2015

Am 2015-01-03 20:11, schrieb Andrew Lake:
> On Sat Jan 03 2015 at 10:46:37 AM Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>>> - No window shadows.
>>
>> I do have shadows and they're quite gorgeous. Most likely
>> compositing isn't
>> enabled in your VM.
>
> Ahh that must be it. Sounds like we need a window edge definition
> solution for when compositing is not enabled, since right now
> overlapping windows blend into each other. If folks have ideas please
> share. I'll chat with other VDG folks as well.

I don't want special solutions for compositing disabled any more. It's
too much a corner case nowadays. Compositing works and becomes more and
more a requirement. This was a deliberate design decision when drafting
KDecoration2 as for example it's no longer possible to have round
borders without Compositing.

Cheers
Martin