Black Screen on Login

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 10:09:14 UTC 2015

Apparently there's a bug, supposedly with kscreen (unconfirmed), that means
as login as a new user you will be greeted with a black screen with
plasmashell not drawing any windows.

I've heard multiple people comment on various channels, but it seems no-one
has had the sense to file a proper bug report so I'm commenting here.

If someone can still reproduce this issue can you all please attach _all_
possible information so we can try to find a pattern. Pastebins on IRC
really are not enough as they tend to get lost.

This bug is super critical so it should be everyone's number 1 priority for
the moment.

David