Papercuts from review at sprint

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Feb 21 16:56:38 UTC 2015

Hola,

We've sat down at the Plasma sprint and reviewed Plasma 5 from our armchairs.
Here are the notes I've taken during that session.

= Plasma 5 Review =

== Specific Bugs ==
* New default wallpaper not applied to login manager and splash screen
* Pager should collapse when number of virtual desktops < 2
* Let's try to fade out the toolbox button's background, some highlight on
mouse over
* toolbox button is not visually centered correctly
* left spacing in pager's tooltip is missing
* Blue highlight line on top of K logo when kickoff is opened is missing
spacing (bug already reported)
* [kickoff] Application in Kickoff tabs is elided (Change to Apps)
* [kickoff] Recently used -> History
* [kickoff] shorter tab switching animations
* panel popups have shadow contrast-blurred, are not quite visually merged
with the panel, shadow shines through as lighter background
* Device Notifier has animated moving highlight
* KRunner uses wrong SVG (namely that for non-compositing), leads to jagged
corners and missing shadow (turning compositing off and on again fixes it)
* Systemsettings background doesn't look Breezish
* Remove title at the top of KCM pages
* "Application Color Scheme" KCM has "[ ] Apply colors to non-KDE4
applications"
* Whatsthis (?) button in the window decoration is almost never used (can this
button be either hidden, or shown conditionally)
* Konqueror KCMs show up in systemsettings | Network
* Touchpad settings KCM has very messy layout
* Mouse KCM has KDE3-style Mouse logo, and out of place
* Mouse Controls "Reverse scroll direction" doesn't follow HIG-command-style
labels, only affects vertical scrolling
* Button order is in a groupbox with invisible frame, screws up alignment with
checkbox underneath
* Automatically select icons after delay doesn't work
* Is the joystick KCM really useful, can it be killed? (If anybody can be
found who is actually using a joystick, let's just kill it)
* In Date & Time KCM, the table to pick timezone should be a map (perhaps
steal from ubiquity?)
* In general, we should treat any missing keyboard navigation as bugs

You'll  notice that these are pretty much all papercut bugs,  not serious
showstoppers. Good work, everybody!

sebas

Sebastian Kügler    |    http://vizZzion.org    |     http://kde.org