Get panel list and hidding them via C++ module

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Mon Feb 9 12:43:05 UTC 2015

Hello,

Recently I have run into the following problem: how to get panel list (even
w\o additional filtering) and hidding them from an applet?

With KDE4 I have used the following method:
1. From plasmoid I have called containment()->corona() to get pointer to
corona object.
2. Then I have used iteration on containments in the current corona() with
filter by ContainmentType.
3. And set found containments hidding by calling Containment->view()-
>setVisible(false).

With Plasma 5 I have found the following problems:

1. Unfortunately in the default way (i.e. if C++ module inherits from Qobject)
I didn't find ability to get pointer to current corona. Is it possible to get
it at the moment?
2. Current containments have not view() method and seems have not method to
set them hidding. Is there such ability in the current version?

Also I have looked at QML bindings, but didn't find any ability to implement
such functional too.

Thanks in advance =)
--
Sincerely yours,