Proposal regarding plasmate's release

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas giorgos.tsiapaliokas at kde.org
Tue Feb 3 12:38:05 UTC 2015

On 2/3/15 1:59 PM, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> The repo name is I think a bit confusing. I think plasma-sdk would fit
> it better.
+1

On 1/30/15 11:57 AM, Marco Martin wrote:
> maybe a quiet last kde4 release?
> so would be called the version, then 4 and 5 released more or less at the same
> time

I guess we all agree that new features won't be added to kde4 version of
plasmate.
If we make another release of plasmate, will we take the responsibility
of fixing
bugs into the KDE4 release? Or we will just offer updated tarball?

On 2/1/15 11:12 AM, Aleix Pol wrote:
> So the plan is to be able to release Plasmate without Plasmate?
the plan is to release the entire repo, but to disable the plasmate
application by default.
The plasmate application will still be there with the dependency of
KDevPlatform but
it will have to be enabled.
Also for later when the plasmate application is ready, we could add a
check,
and if KDevPlatform is found then the plasmate application will be
enabled automatically
otherwise it won't.

--
Giorgos Tsiapaliokas