robots.txt in quickgit.kde.org

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Tue Dec 29 10:16:25 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:39:01 PM Ben Cooksley wrote:

> >> We could probably make it available by publishing the source trees
> >> used by LXR / EBN.
> >> This would only have the main branches obviously rather than everything
> >> though.
> >>
> >> I haven't checked, but LXR may already make it's copy of the code
> >> accessible...>
> > I think making our sourcecode available to search engines is pretty
> > important for the reasons already mentioned by others. Do you need
> > help for it? If you write down what's needed I can help find someone
> > to do it.
>
> I've now provisioned https://sources.kde.org/

I'm not sure this is super useful, to be honest (as mentioned in #kde-
sysadmins already).

This is really just plain file serving, with no cross-references to either LXR
(or apidocs). This is basically a dead-end when you follow a result on Google.

Wouldn't it be possible to let robots index https://lxr.kde.org/source/
 instead? We have the infrastructure...

Of course we need to blacklist all the pages allowing to actively *search* LXR
for robots, in order to avoid abuse.

Cheers,
Kevin