[KDE/Mac] systemsettings, kde-cli-tools and other plasma components on non-Plasma/non-X11 platforms

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 09:33:22 UTC 2015

Out of curiosity: to what extent are things like plasmoids/plasma widgets and
other "cool goodies" really tied to the presence of a full-blown Plasma desktop?
If they're qml they should be able to run anywhere in principle. I can
understand they need some kind of host but with qml it should be easier to
provide one not tied to a particular environment than it was with KDE4
plasmoids, no?

The question came up when I was looking for something to explore XDG icon themes
with, and came across Cuttlefish.

R.