Moving kimpanel to plasma-desktop

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 17:40:28 UTC 2015

Hi, thanks for bringing up this topic.

As current maintainer of kimpanel and fcitx developer I'm always want
to make input method easier to use under plasma.

For me gnome's ibus integration is not always a step forward but
failure in some places. (Well this could be a long topic later) Though
at that time I have little influnence on them to complain about where
they got wrong from a Chinese user and input method develop POV.

I already had lots of idea for improving these for a long time but
never got my hand dirty on this, now maybe it's the right time to do
more :).