Noto fonts screw my system, please stop forcing fonts upon me!

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 09:53:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Kai Uwe Broulik <kde at privat.broulik.de>
wrote:

> > You can quite clearly see that the noto package adds a lot of extra
> spacing. If that wasn't bad enough, it's also slightly offset from the
> top.
>
> ‎Fwiw, font rendering in your tab bar looks shitty in both screen shots.
> Chrome rendering weird is a common problem everywhere, just google it. Do
> you also have issues in some *applications* rather than a random website?

The tab bar is the least of my worries.

I have it in every website, not just quickgit.
I think I've seen minor issues in other applications as well, but they
don't bother me. Chrome really does bother me.

Before you even make the suggestion of switching browsers, i tried! There
is no browser on linux that works better then Chrome does (in my opinion).
Firefox comes closest, but has issues of it's own.
All the browsers based on Qt (WebEngine) and Plasma are "a nice attempt",
but very far from being usable for everyday usage.