Noto fonts screw my system, please stop forcing fonts upon me!

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Fri Dec 18 00:24:30 UTC 2015

On 12/18/2015 12:31 AM, Mark Gaiser wrote:
> You will hear me when my workflow is severely interrupted and when i
> find the cause of it.

plasma-devel at kde.org is not mark-gaisers-workflow at kde.org.

Bug reports go to bugs.kde.org. User support happens on the
user list and in the KDE Forums.

> Sorry, but that is just a bogus argument for the sake of arguing.
> It's very obvious and expected that a sample of a specific font is meant
> to represent how the font looks when installed.

Ah c'mon. Take a look at the glyph data with FontForge and then get
out a ruler and check the SVG again. I don't have time to prove to
you the SVG isn't equivalent to Qt and CSS line height defaults.

Here's Google Chrome overlaid over the SVG though, re default
intra-glyph and intra-line spacing:

http://i.imgur.com/FlnxgGp.png

http://i.imgur.com/6d0sBup.png

Did you even check this stuff or is it OK if it's my time ...?

> And there i see too much spacing between the lines.

I don't, and I know this stuff pretty well.

> There it's somewhat fine, but that isn't the default! And that can't be
> influenced as user of the font.

It's the default.

Cheers,
Eike