Noto fonts screw my system, please stop forcing fonts upon me!

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu Dec 17 23:13:17 UTC 2015

On 12/18/2015 12:00 AM, Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> I'll send you a bigger hard drive for Christmas as you constantly
> complain about a few megs of dependencies without any runtime overhead.
> I'm glad that we enforce some rules on fonts in Plasma 5 as in the 4.x
> times it was usually just embarrassing.

If we don't we just push the problem of reasonable defaults
(and having the time/knowledge to select them) down to the
distro people - who can still override our decision now if
they don't like it, anyway.

We're fine with carrying this responsibility though + from
a product aesthetics POV it's good control to have.

Cheers,
Eike