plasmoid visions

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 22:47:07 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'd like to review the plasmoids and want to know where we can discuss it,
if you want. plasma mailing list, irc, telegram, ...?

1. Sidebar
-------------
Functionality is in plasma so we should use it, isn't it.

2. Plasmoid size
--------------------
if you click in the system tray at an plasmoid the size is always the same.
why is the minimum plasmoid size at an plasmoid on the desktop always
different AND in some case larger than in the standard system tray popup
size

3. plasmoid form factor in panel
when you move a plasmoid in a panel the user can't change the size. e.g. if
you have an large sidebar [1] it would be nice to resize the clipboard link
list so that you see only 3 elements or resize the icon only tasklist from
vertical to horizontal which is possible at the desktop.

[1] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1642456/VDG/KF5/Sidebar.png

cheers
Andreas