notification plasmoid for desktop

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 16:21:50 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 4:43 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> to have a quick glance at them when the windows don't cover everything,
> just
> the same use case of any other desktop plasmoid.
> in general, all plasmoid should disaplay correctly on the desktop and when
> they don't it tends to be a bug unless there are specific reasons for
> that. I
> think the problem at them moment is that it doesn't switch from the compact
> representation, right?

It does, maybe the sizes are set too big for a default but it does
switch. The actual unusefulness actually comes from the fact
that the applet does not show anything at all in 90% of the cases
as it shows only persistent notifications _and_ they go away
after 10 minutes from it anyway.

So with the current form, it sure is possible, I just don't see much
value in it as it would be just a grey blob sitting on your desktop.

As for the sidebar usecase Andreas mentioned, well, I did propose
that two months ago, nobody liked it.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer