5.5 video

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 16:31:16 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 11:18 AM, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:

> On 12/02/2015 03:05 PM, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > Lucas has made a 5.5 video and is after comments for any changes
> >
> > https://youtu.be/rYUqgFiY5Go
>
> * The 3D titles as well as any on screen type should use
>   type faces from the Breeze visual design
> * The colors should be from the Breeze palette
> * The overlay title cards definitely need more contrast

Expanding on that, the text in the video has very bad readability.

As it has been put in the official announcement, I have couple more
comments.

The video has some flickering when transitioning through the splashy
animation to the wall thing.

I'm not entirely sure that "two column widget explorer" is such a huge
news that it is shown first (the most prominent). I think going with
"New applets in this release" could be first and then show the user
switcher, color picker and quick launcher and whatever new we have.
The "two column widget explorer" is imo such a minor change that it
should be either part of the "new applets" part or be put at the end.

The screencapture is actually cropped, cropping away third of the K
icon and the burger menu on the panel.

User switcher applet does not actually show user switcher applet
but the new launcher.

The animation starting at 00:45 looks like it should not be there.

The animation at 1:17 is confusingly fast.

The windows shown at 1:35 are so quickly clicked-through that I have
no idea what are they showing to me or what's their purpose in the
video. Actually the same goes with the inkscape part, it doesn't really
show the breeze-gtk theme imho, it just shows inkscape. This could
use some video panning over the widgets/menus.

Also, fwiw, Gnome release video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxRLa5hTGkg

Cheers
--