How to handle drag-and-drop to the desktop in Plasma 5?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:09:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Elvis Angelaccio
<elvis.angelaccio at kdemail.net> wrote:
> Hi guys, in KDE 4 Ark used to be notified of dropEvents() to the desktop, by
> having a dbus method called from
> kde-base/plasma/applets/folderview/iconview.cpp (in particular from the
> IconView::dropEvent() function).
>
> In Plasma 5 this does not work anymore, as kde-base repo has not been
> ported. But I see that drag-and-dropping files from Dolphin to the desktop
> works, so: where is Ark supposed to "register" this dbus method, in Plasma
> 5?

Hi,
folderview is now in the plasma-desktop repository, in
plasma-desktop/applets/folder
It has been completely rewritten so something may have been lost in translation.
What was it doing exactly? was it folderview invoking a dbus method
explicitly on Ark?

--
Marco Martin