Minutes Monday Plasma Hangout

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Aug 24 10:41:11 UTC 2015

Present: Ashish (mrphantom), Bhushan, David, Jens, Kai Uwe, Martin G, Ovidiu-
Florin, sebas

Date: 24 August, 2015

Bhushan:
- Made Plasma mobile work nicely in horizontal mode
- Released Arch Linux based amd64 image for Plasma mobile
- http:// <http://arch.pangea.pub/ISO/plasma-mobile/>arch.pangea.pub
  <http://arch.pangea.pub/ISO/plasma-mobile/>/ISO/
  <http://arch.pangea.pub/ISO/plasma-mobile/>plasma-mobile
  <http://arch.pangea.pub/ISO/plasma-mobile/>/
  <http://arch.pangea.pub/ISO/plasma-mobile/>
- Next release for it on Saturday or Sunday
- This week main focus on horizontal mode (mainly some apps and KCMs) and
  applications

Ovidiu-Florin:
- working on getting kdevelop into Plasma SDK
- problems with apps showing GUI, may be an OpenGL problem

David:
- fix autoload KCM handling scripts
- fix ksmserver running autostart scripts
- fix the widget explorer
- fix RTL is login screen
- fix a frameworks crash
- fix a major bug where we would freeze the shell
- fix middle click pasting notes all over the place
- add high DPI support to kscreengenie
- will work on davetray
- revamp of Plasma on www.kde.org needed, see
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=292&t=127802

Jens:
- Looking at an improved font
- Looking into sound theme
- Can we center a widget on a panel?

Kai Uwe:
- fixed krunner not opening when typing on empty desktop;
- solid automount kcm/kded is merged.
- Default to breeze colors https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/124872/
- brainstorming for 5.5, though more of that on the 5.5 kickoff meeting I
suppose.
- improved user switcher (5.5 material)
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/124509/

Martin:
- Kwin QPA, looks very promising (works, performs well, kills workarounds,
etc.)
- Fun with Extended surface protocol stuff lacking in QtWayland

sebas:
- Working on Plasma developer guide, progress at
https://community.kde.org/Plasma/DeveloperGuide
- Worked on Disconnected Outputs wayland protocol with Martin's guidance
- Plasmas Mobile meeting end of September: will post doodle

--
sebas