Plasmate: Ctrl-S double assigned

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Tue Aug 4 03:27:07 UTC 2015

After being pleasantly surprised over how comfortable it is to code with
QML/JavaScript for Sailfish OS, I wanted to give it a go under Plasma, and
maybe port my apps to Plasmoids.

I thought Plasmate would be the easiest way to start; and it does look like a
nice IDE for newcomers.

Well the first thing I did was to change the coding comment[*] from iso-8859-1
to utf-8 and press Ctrl-S. The dreadful "This key combination is ambiguous"
popup showed.

The Ctrl-S shortcut is assigned to both Save and Save end point - or something
like that, and it seems to be impossible to reassign the latter, as it is the
default.

This is a very bad way to start to use the application, when you have to
through hoops just to have a normal workflow.

OK, I'll file a bug report. Help->Report bug... (btw, there are two Help menu
items). A non-standard - at least I haven't seen it before - report form pops
up. I write the report and press send. Nothing happens for some  seconds, then
"Unable to send the bug report.Please submit a bug report manually.... See
http://bugs.kde.org/ for instructions.Server said: "550 relay not permitted""

I could see the dialog would have sent it here if it could, so I did that
instead of b.k.o

Anyways: The startup dialog suggested nicely to follow a tutorial. I have been
trying to find one to no avail. Does anybody know where to find one and a
reference of the Plasma specific QML components?

[*] Is that even used in QML? I have only seen it in Python.
--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Thomas Tanghus