AccountsService qt binding for sddm, plasma-workspace screenlocker greeter and plasma-desktop kickoff face icon, config by advanced useraccount

Leslie Zhai xiang.zhai at i-soft.com.cn
Sat Aug 1 02:14:26 UTC 2015

On 2015年08月01日 08:04, David Edmundson wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 11:33 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org
> <mailto:jr at jriddell.org>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks for doing this, the kcm_useraccounts has long needed to be
>     replaced.
>
>     It was a longstanding todo item to replace it with user-manager which
>     I've by coincidence just done tonight by using KEMailSettings as well
>     as accountsservice.
>
>     user-manager does much of what you have implemented in your rewrite of
>     kcm_useraccounts, were you not aware of it?
>
>     For 5.4 we should go with user-manager as it's already there but for
>     5.5 we have a choice.  Could you look at it and work out which one you
>     think is better?
>

> I am very confused. Can I check I have everything straight.
>
> We had kcm_useraccounts in plasma-desktop, which is super old and rubbish
>
> We had user-manager, somwhere, which is Alex's one.It uses
> accounts-service, via it's own lib
AccountsService Qt binding should be a standalone library, other
projects can use it ;-)

> In plasma-desktop we have a branch caller user-accounts by Leslie and
> FJiang with a lot of recent commits
> This contains a modification of kcm_useraccounts, but using hawaii's
> QtAccountsService :/
>

> Leslie, I remember pointing you at user-accounts.
>
> You even replied,
> "I just wanna join the user-manager project, thanks a lot!"
Yes, I remember that ;-)

> How come you then ended up changing to doing something else?

1. I want to unify the user face icon for sddm,
plasma-desktop/applets/kickoff,
plasma-workspace/ksmserver/screenlocker/greeter and user-accounts.
https://twitter.com/xiangzhai/status/624509473734823936
https://twitter.com/xiangzhai/status/625501706722217984

2. plasma-desktop/applets/kickoff uses qml, for example, Headr.qml, so I
need AccountsService qml plugin, and hawaii`s QtAccountsService did it,
it is able to import QtAccountsService directly in qml
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=plasma-desktop.git&a=blobdiff&h=5bc955154255761e49d98cff83bf5f083a4908b0&hp=591a9b1ee7dc8042094c250dba78d0ff7b0eae5a&hb=59fb981a0628c5321adb0601f5fa3b143661c669&f=applets%2Fkickoff%2Fpackage%2Fcontents%2Fui%2FHeader.qml

And Pier and I are changing sync API to async now
https://github.com/hawaii-desktop/qtaccountsservice/commits/master

I hope qtaccountsservice could be an component of KF5 ;-)

3. sddm uses QtAccountsService as optional
https://github.com/sddm/sddm/pull/439

4. plasma-workspace/ksmserver/screenlocker/greeter is able to have the
same face icon

During this month (July) I also developed kscreen osd
https://twitter.com/xiangzhai/status/624501420679495680

Migrated kscreen plasma applet to KF5
https://twitter.com/xiangzhai/status/626265546221195264
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/workspace/kscreen/repository/show?rev=plasma-applet

and sddm plymouth smooth transition support
https://github.com/AOSC-Dev/sddm/commit/365684e9c9af28c89625fd08ce5b820ee33a6230

Next month (August) I would have new task to make KDE5 better, and I am
not a superman, I have to look after my new born baby ;-)
so I have to make choice, it might break something or hurt somebody, I
am so sorry for that!