AccountsService qt binding for sddm, plasma-workspace screenlocker greeter and plasma-desktop kickoff face icon, config by advanced useraccount

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Aug 1 00:04:09 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 11:33 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:

> Thanks for doing this, the kcm_useraccounts has long needed to be replaced.
>
> It was a longstanding todo item to replace it with user-manager which
> I've by coincidence just done tonight by using KEMailSettings as well
> as accountsservice.
>
> user-manager does much of what you have implemented in your rewrite of
> kcm_useraccounts, were you not aware of it?
>
> For 5.4 we should go with user-manager as it's already there but for
> 5.5 we have a choice.  Could you look at it and work out which one you
> think is better?

I am very confused. Can I check I have everything straight.

We had kcm_useraccounts in plasma-desktop, which is super old and rubbish

We had user-manager, somwhere, which is Alex's one.It uses
accounts-service, via it's own lib

In plasma-desktop we have a branch caller user-accounts by Leslie and
FJiang with a lot of recent commits
This contains a modification of kcm_useraccounts, but using hawaii's
QtAccountsService :/

Leslie, I remember pointing you at user-accounts.

You even replied,
"I just wanna join the user-manager project, thanks a lot!"

How come you then ended up changing to doing something else?