Minutes Monday Plasma Hangout

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Apr 13 10:38:37 UTC 2015

Present: David Edmundson, David Rosca (welcome!), Harald, Jens, Jonathan, Kai
Uwe, Marco, Martin, Sebastian

David (Edmundson)
* Moving standard paths bug has been fixed
* Fixed a bug in kglobalaccel

Harald
* Volume applet will get standalone test release to nail down the design and
make it possible to do intermittend releases

Jens
* new wallpapers from the VDG / wallpaper contest have landed
* scripts to generate wallpapers have been contributed by someone new, they
need checking, testing and verification

Jonathan
* 5.3 beta is ready to go out tomorrow
* Please review and amend: https://community.kde.org/Plasma/5.3_Errata
* Make noise for the beta on the web
* We'll want a kickoff meeting for Plasma 5.4 feature development
* Possible mismatch between Dolphin and Plasma, since they use different baloo
databases
* Discuss 5.4 schedule on the list

David Rosca
* installed udev rule for rfkill

Kai Uwe
* 0% battery on lock screen on desktop machine without batteries fixed

Marco
* Fixing bugs all over the place, will continue with that (only 190 bugs to go
;))

Martin
* tried to start kwin_wayland with systemd, failed so far
* looked into KMS (kernel mode settings) for kwin_wayland
* buffer age now working, provides flicker free graphics
* tested on raspberry pi 2, problems with opengl drivers on that device

Sebastian
* Looked into a problem loading dataengines on my machine, ported dataengine
* Worked on machinery for caching package metadata for faster querying and

sebas