System Settings app design freshening

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:14:29 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 2:35 AM, Andrew Lake <jamboarder at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 10:19 AM David Edmundson wrote:
>
>>   - reset is changed to undo, is that a deliberate change?
>>
> (FWIW, I like it if it is.)
>>

> It wasn't deliberate on my part, it just naturally flowed out of the forum
> design thread. I agree though, I'm rather in favor of it.

Undo however is in the UI almost always associated with
"one step back", whereas doing more settings would undo
more than one step back while still giving the impression
of single step back. Eg. if the user bothers with many settings,
then does one wrong, thinks undo undoes that one step
but all his setting get reset after pressing it.

I think that particular change is rather a step back (heh).

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer