5.3 errata

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Thu Apr 9 20:43:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 10:32 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 10:30:34PM +0200, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> >    On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >      On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 07:14:18PM +0200, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> >      >A  A  Hi Johnathan
> >      >A  A  Could you please tell me what is accomplished by creating
> this
> >      errata
> >      >A  A  page?
> >
> >      It means people can see what significant problems exist before they
> >      install.A  It means people can see what bugs are known when they are
> >      reporting bugs.A  It means people upgrading from Plasma 4 can see
> what
> >      features are missing.A  It's a very normal part of release notes.
> >
> >    Great. That makes sense.
> >    However, the page currently also lists bugs -A
> >    Bugs
> >    https://bugs.kde.org/342631 user-manager overlaps Account Details KCM
> >    http://bugs.kde.org/338506 image wallpapers are blurry in scaled and
> >    scaled and cropped mode
> >    https://bugs.kde.org/346018 The default wallpaper has pixelated lines
> >    https://bugs.kde.org/233471 Baloo abuses Disk access for excessive
> periods
> >    of time after startup
> >    https://bugs.kde.org/341581 baloo_file - using 100% cpu
> >    I'm confused as to why need to specifically duplicate these bugs when
> they
> >    are already present in the bug tracker. I agree that these bugs have a
> >    'critical' flag set, but highlighting them doesn't help us in any way.
>
> I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago

The answer above doesn't specifically answer what I would like to know -

1. The stated reason is "so that people can see what bugs are known when
they are reporting bugs". This is what we have bugzilla for. Plasma has
over 100 bugs.
2. If, you think these bugs deserve mention because they are marked as
critical - Is it our policy to be highlighting 'critical' bugs in the
errata? Yes / No.

--
Vishesh Handa