5.3 errata

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Thu Apr 9 20:30:34 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 07:14:18PM +0200, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> >    Hi Johnathan
> >    Could you please tell me what is accomplished by creating this errata
> >    page?
>
> It means people can see what significant problems exist before they
> install.  It means people can see what bugs are known when they are
> reporting bugs.  It means people upgrading from Plasma 4 can see what
> features are missing.  It's a very normal part of release notes.

Great. That makes sense.

However, the page currently also lists bugs -

Bugs
https://bugs.kde.org/342631 user-manager overlaps Account Details KCM
http://bugs.kde.org/338506 image wallpapers are blurry in scaled and scaled
and cropped mode
https://bugs.kde.org/346018 The default wallpaper has pixelated lines
https://bugs.kde.org/233471 Baloo abuses Disk access for excessive periods
of time after startup
https://bugs.kde.org/341581 baloo_file - using 100% cpu

I'm confused as to why need to specifically duplicate these bugs when they
are already present in the bug tracker. I agree that these bugs have a
'critical' flag set, but highlighting them doesn't help us in any way.

--
Vishesh Handa