KGamma and Plasma

Lukáš Tinkl lukas at kde.org
Thu Apr 9 15:18:15 UTC 2015

Dne 9.4.2015 v 16:29 David Edmundson napsal(a):
> A while back I ported kgamma to KF5, which is in a branch somewhere.
>
> It's currently being released with applications, which doesn't really
> make sense as it's a KCM. As far as I can tell the main author is inactive.
>
> We have two options:
>   - move kgamma to kde/workspace for Plasma 5.4
>   - merge the code into plasma-desktop with the other kcms
>
> I'm torn as on one hand I don't like having a lot of repos for tiny
> things on the other gamma adjustment really isn't an essential thing,
> and I like having a core -> extra stuff split.
>
> It seems a month ago Lukas ported colord-kde, as I understand it these
> two do basically the same thing but with competing implementations. So
> maybe there's a 3rd option of going with that. The main author on that
> also seems to have been inactive in that repo for a long time.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> David

Well kcmcolord does a slightly different (more complete in a way) thing
and, unlike the kwin color correction, works independently from the
window manager. Having said that, I'd like to see colord-kde moved into
plasma-desktop, together with other kcms and kgamma possibly too, to act
as a fallback to it.

--
Lukáš Tinkl <lukas at kde.org>