PIM Sprint this Weekend

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 13:59:32 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 07 April 2015, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> I'm travelling to Toulouse for the PIM Sprint this weekend. If there is
> anything specific anyone would like to me to discuss w.r.t Plasma, please
> let me know.

a valid question i think what they plan for a transitional period.
is everything it planned to be migrated in a single go, or would it be better
to have a transitional period in which for instance the contacts agent is
already ready, but the ones for mail not yet, therefore a period with both old
and new akonadi running, with some applications still picking from the old one
and others already using the new one.

having then migration scripts in the meantime migrating the agents that got
ported on that release, and disabling them from the instance of the old
akonadi.. until nothing remains there.

that was mostly a brain dump, but the core of the question i guess is:
migration one piece at a time or all together?

--
Marco Martin