Extension to standalone mode of plasma shell

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 12:58:46 UTC 2014

Hello folks,

Since standalone mode for Plasma shell is merged [1]

I wanted to add one more extension to it, my idea is shell packages
announce that they can be used as standalone applications in their
metadata.desktop, like plasma-mediacenter shell package will define
this in its metadata.desktop

X-KDE-ShellApplication=true

And there will be also one runner like plasmawindowed runner which
will show plasma-mediacenter in search results.

opinions? is it good idea? If yes, I will happily to implement it.

Thanks!

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/120316/
--
Bhushan Shah