KDE Plasma Addons i18n Status

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Sep 25 21:48:48 UTC 2014

Luigi Toscano ha scritto:
> David Edmundson ha scritto:
>> i18n people,
>>
>> KDE Plasma Addons is in a tricky i18n state.
>> We have lots of code that hasn't yet been ported to Plasma 5, so naturally it
>> is disabled.
>>
>> This means we have a lot of i18n strings that are basically unused in this
>> release. I don't want to delete them because the same strings will (probably)
>> be used in a ported version and it would be wasteful to retranslate things.
>>
>> Attached is a list of the .pot files which will be used in 5.1. Everything
>> else in the kdeplasma-addons repo is unused.
>>
>> If there's a better way to handle this, please let me know.
>
> I think that, given that it's likely that (most) code can be ported, the it's
> better to leave the messages where they are now.
>
> Others with more responsibility than me can share their opinion.

Quick note mainly for kde-i18n, due to the moving of kdeplasma-addons under
kde/workspace/:
- branches/stable/l10n-kde4 should still have the translations for the
KDE/4.14 branch of kdeplasma-addons, as kdeplasma-addons remains a separate
module in the kdelibs4 world as long as we keep releasing bugfixes there;
- trunk/l10n-kf5: the translations have been moved under kde-workspace. No
more kdeplasma-addons (you will see an empty directory; it will be removed
when it's sure nothing is broken).

Ciao
--
Lui