New Review Tools Trial

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 21:52:00 UTC 2014

Hey all.

Plasma-framework is taking part in a trial of using gerrit for reviews. See
https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Gerrit

*How will this affect you*:
- If you review frameworks patches you may need to also check another tool
- Currently gerrit does not email plasma-devel, I hope to get this changed
ASAP.
- Some commits may mysteriously end in Change-ID: <a big number>

For people committing patches, it is entirely optional. Standard
reviewboard is still available and can be used alongside. People submitting
reviews can use either, and we will do reviews in both.

Plasma-workspace and desktop are also completely unaffected.

David