Plasma Plugin Loading

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Sep 2 12:00:58 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, September 02, 2014 12:45:37 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Whatever path is taken, Plasma::PluginLoader is currently internally
> inconsistent. Picking a path and then making all plugins load via the same
> pattern would be fantastic for 3rd party developers wanting to work with
> the  system. Complicating things is that libplasma was already released in
> its current state, including shipping plugin macros that don't work.

Which? What are the problems?

> The
> more time that elapses with it in its current state the harder it will be
> to fix as people write plugins using currently supported / advertised
> methods.

You mean that we currently require to ship a .desktop file, which could in the
future be a json file? Anything else?

Note that these tasks are not currently on my TODO stack. If someone else
wants to work on it, that's totally cool, it's not a priority for me in this
cycle.
--
sebas