QScreen vs. KScreen in plasmashell

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Oct 24 08:27:41 UTC 2014

On Friday 24 October 2014 09:58:39 Daniel Vratil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the current state of multi-monitor support in Plasma 5 is rather bad as both
> Plasma 5 and KWin keep crashing every time there's any change

as a note: KWin is neither using QScreen nor KScreen. Which indicates that the
problem is in Qt. In fact KWin's screen handling is designed to be extremely
robust to changes. It doesn't apply any changes instantly but waits till we
can be sure that X has settled on a new configuration.

To me it looks like your suggestion is about fixing symptoms rather than the
actual problem.

Cheers
Martin