The usage statistics [kactivities, baloo, ktp, plasma]

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Wed Oct 22 13:07:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:35 PM, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:

> As I recall, this was implemented inside Kickoff itself.
> I *think* it maintained a timestamped lists of new apps
> when discovering them as it build up the menu structure
> on startup or so ...
>
> I'm guessing something similar would be an avenue to
> getting it back - KAMD could diff ksycoca scans, or
> react to ksycoca change signals, and slam newly-dis-
> covered apps as CREATED into its db ...?

I'm a little confused about why we need this data to be stored in KAMD as a
created event.

Kicker currently uses Muon, which is part of the workspace. We can quite
easily just ask it for newer applications and avoid having to diff ksyscoca
scans and react to any signals or anything.

--
Vishesh Handa