The usage statistics [kactivities, baloo, ktp, plasma]

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Oct 21 19:39:14 UTC 2014

All of the use cases I added to the note will be used
by either Kicker or the Task Manager (some by both),
using either an application or a file type (e.g.
recently used videos) as an entry point.

Kicker currently uses KRecentDocuments already. It's
OK, but of limited usefulness because it only stores
10 or 15 entries by default, across all applications.
KAMD was advertised as a superior replacement for that;
perhaps it should also be put as backend under the old
API then.

Recently installed applications is also for Kicker,
to mark new apps in the submenus. There are other
ways to implement this, however Ivan suggested it
could be done via KAMD by adding a new 'created' event
and it seems to make sense.

Can't comment e.g. on search history, that was Ivan's,
I just rephrased it a bit while cleaning up the list.

Cheers,
Eike